Founder, CEO, and Head Coach, Devan graduated from FSU where she played D1 beach volleyball. A captain for two years, she lead her team to two National Championship finals. After graduating, her passion for the sport and her desire to have a positive impact on youth athletes lead her to begin SHP volleyball.
To provide the city of Tallahassee with an elite community based beach volleyball program and to foster a love of the game and high character in young athletes.
This is what I believe:
- Sports can be the gateway to success in life.
- Beach volleyball is a highly competitive and fun game.
- Beach volleyball can teach life skills along with athletic skills.
- Every individual is a valuable part of the team, no matter what role they play. Every role is equally important.
This is what I expect:
- Hard-work and discipline in training and competition
- Be respectful to both coaches and teammates
- Trust teammates and coaches
- Be coachable
- Be encouraging and positive
- Be loyal
- Be relentless in the pursuit of excellence
This is the result:
- Well-rounded athletes with high character who are leaders on and off the court.
- Athletes who are team players, know correct fundamentals and love the game of beach volleyball.
- Athletes who have a high work ethic and can transfer these skills to be successful in all aspects of their lives.